Friday, April 20, 2012

Cardz TV Stamps Ch# 8

*******

This challenge will be open:
Today, Friday, April 20th
Tomorrow, Saturday, April 21st
and
Sunday, April 22nd

Create a card or craft project for any occasion using colors from the rainbow...
PINK
BLUE
GREEN
&
YELLOW
only!
(You can also add small amounts of black & white.)

The winner will receive 1 set of Cardz TV Stamps of their choice! WOW! How can you choose just one? I love ALL of Mary's stamps!!  To see all of the stamps currently available, CLICK HERE.

For my RAINBOW project, I actually attempted to create my first Banner. It wasn't too hard.








Here are all the details:
  • Each part of the banner was created using ELEGANT EDGES "Bunny" Oblong cut with Shadow feature cut @ 4". I also cut the yellow swirl paper again @ 3 3/4".

  • Letters to spell BONNIE were cut from STORY BOOK @ 3" with Shadow feature.

  • Clouds were cut from POOH & FRIENDS @ 1 1/2".

  • Peachy Keen stamps that were used on clouds and sun are from 2 different packs: PK-754 Critter Faces Medium and PK-531 Simple Sallie Face Assortment using Staz On Jet Black Ink.
PK-531 Simple Sallies Face Assortment
PK-754 Critter Faces Medium
  •  The sun was also cut from ELEGANT EDGES @ 1 3/4" p. 59.
  • The sentiment mats were cut from ELEGANT EDGES using the same cut I used for the letters, but much smaller of course. They were cut @ 2" with Shadow feature, then cut again @ 1 3/4 for yellow swirl paper on top.
  • All of the sentiment stamps are from various stamps sets from Mary's CARDZ TV STAMPS:
    • You are my Sunshine, I {heart} U, and You make me Happy are all from the HUGS & KISSES set.
    • You're the Cat's Meow is from the HERE KITTY set.
    • SWEET is from the MAKE A WISH set.
  • I used the "Long Reach Ribbon Stitch" punch I got from Hobby Lobby a couple weeks ago for $7.00. Let me just say that it is worth every penny of that $7.00. You'd be amazed how handy that punch becomes.
  • Pink tulle is from Amazon (I think fabric.com). Love this stuff!
  • Pop rounds for adhering the letters.
  • I tied a bunch of the tulle together to make a large circle, then draped it over the top of the door like a belt. :)
I hope you enjoyed my first attempt at a banner. It was fun to create. Bonnie loves it. So that makes it a good time investment!

Be sure and hop over to CARDZ TV and play along with our challenge. You may win some awesome free stamps of your choice!!
Smiles :) Janis

9 comments:

  1. Bonnie's banner is so awesome!!! Love all the letters with their own little hanging sentiment!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute banner, Janis!! So bright and cheery!! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Banner love the details of it.

    Hugs,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great banner Janis, love how you added the little word boxes off of each letter!
    Super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute Janis! I know Bonnie loves this! Great job!
    Lots of Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a happy banner:-) I love your interpretation of our challenge Janis!!
    hugs,
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete