Wednesday, September 29, 2010

CCC# 44 - HALLOWEEN Z-FOLD CARD




Thanks for stopping by!  Today over at Cricut Cardz Challenge - we have begun our Challenge #44 which is to make a Z-Fold or some call it S-Fold Halloween card using any colors and Cricut cartridges we wanted.

  • Card base:  Orange Value Pack card (pre-scored for easy folding!)  The front cover is folded back onto itself to make the Z-Fold.
  • Background starry night paper from Karen Foster Designs, Biggie Bundle, Throughout the Year #3
  • The front panel background paper is cut @ 5 1/4" x 1 7/8"
  • The inside background paper is cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
  • The pumpkin man (doesn't he look so happy?!) is from a Cricut Cut swap I did with a couple of ladies.  My ruler says he's 4".  I added a black button and some orange jute to him.
  • The grass came from my extra cut file.  I think it's from Mickey & Friends.  It was much longer than this, I just cut it long enough for him to sit behind.
  • Ribbon from Michael's.  I let the lighter flame barely touch the ends.  This hardens the ends and keeps them from fraying.  Just a second.  Don't go crazy and burn your ribbon up.
  • I used some Rub-Ons from Target's $1 bin to rub on "All Hallow's Eve" on the front panel.  
Hop over and join in the fun!  We'd love to see a Z-Fold Cricut Halloween card you make!

Janis

12 comments:

  1. What a cute DT card and pumpkin man for this week's challenge Janis!

    Hugs,
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card for this week's challenge. That little pumpkin guy is one of my fav cuts from that cart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving it Janis!! The pumpkin is too cute! Confession... I have never put a button on a card on scrapbook page - don't even own any! Today I am heading to my LSS to remedy that :) Cause they are a cute embellishment I need to start using. TFS

    michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card. I love that cart. One of my favorites. You did a great job on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, Janis. I love that little pumpkin from SYI. It's so fun and happy, not scary at all. Great job on your design for our challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute Janis! I never made a z fold card...very cool design! great job!
    hugs & blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha, I will experiment my thought, your post give me some good ideas, it's truly awesome, thanks.

    - Murk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your halloween card Janis! The little button is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute card Janis. Love that pumpkin man, he's so cute, especially with that button and string! Great job this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO loving the 'Stretch You Imagination' cartridge, and I really like how you used it here. Wonderful -- TFS!
    Cheers, Karen
    alteredscrapbooking dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card came out sooo cute for this weeks Challenge! Adorable pumpkins... :o)
    Theresa (DT#2)

    ReplyDelete