Sunday, March 28, 2010

Whiskey With A Twist



This is one of the books I picked up from the library this afternoon.  It's called, "Whiskey With A Twist" by Nina Wright.  It's a "Whiskey Mattimoe Mystery."  Well, the artwork on the cover sure looks fun. :)

Random quote from the book, found on page 40:

"I finally surrendered my determination not to check my bedside clock and gazed in horror at the blue digits screaming 3:44.  Had I slept at all?  Maybe warm milk would help.  If I had any.  In a few hours I was due at work, where nothing much would be happening.  The Abra the Bad Example and I were off for a full weekend of Afghans and Amish."

I'll let you know if it holds my interest, or if I put it aside and grab another library book from the stack.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Janis....thank you for your concern, you are just so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I just thought I would give a little book recommendation (I love a good book series). These books were written by Lea Wait and are the Antique Print Mysteries. Here is a link to here website so you can check them out. I really enjoyed them - and she is coming out with a fifth book soon!

    http://www.leawait.com/mysteries.html

    Let me know what you think if you decide to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is fun. I enjoy the way you pick and share your books. Glad you chose a Whiskey Mattimoe mystery; I've read them all. That series makes me laugh out loud.

    Keep reading!

    Sally T.

    ReplyDelete