Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weight Watchers Wednesday




Hi, everyone! Did you all have a fabulous long weekend last weekend? We enjoyed ourselves swimming, kayaking, grilling, smoking some pork, and just hanging out with family and friends.

I kept a headache all weekend. (Not a migraine like I get sometimes. Just a headache.) My husband, Tom, and I were talking about that yesterday trying to figure out what was different that made me keep that headache every day over the Memorial Day weekend. At first I thought it was maybe too much sun on Saturday & Sunday, but I wasn't in direct sunlight that much and when I was I had on sunscreen, sunglasses, and a baseball hat to help keep it off my face. Tom asked if I had eaten my meals regularly. I had not. Plus I didn't eat nearly the fruit I normally eat during the day. I was pre-occupied with talking to family and friends, playing in the lake, sitting on the dock laughing at stories being told, etc. I really threw my routine out of the window without even noticing how I was neglecting my noutrition. I need to get back on track today. That watermelon that has sat on the kitchen counter all weekend needs to get cut up and enjoyed.


I was pleasantly surprised with my weigh-in on Monday. The kyaking and swimming over the weekend I'm sure helped boost my weight loss.  I lost another -2.0 pounds! Yay! That puts be past 25 pounds lost with a total of -26.6 pounds forever gone. It feels amazing. I don't really see a big difference in my body unless I'm looking at photos from last year, but seems like everyone else notices and says something about it to me. I was also shocked when I put on my bathing suit this weekend, it hung on me. I had to dig a little deeper to find an older bathing suit to wear. I'm  wearing some older jeans that are a smaller size, and bought some shirts recently at Walmart that are a smaller size. Truly it makes me feel so good with the scale and non-scale little victories. I still have a long way to go, but how encouraging it is to me that I'm well on my way, and I know I can do this. I am doing this. You can do it too. Don't let little setbacks make you quit. Just keep using the Weight Watchers plan and the weight will come off.


I've chatted more than I normally do on these posts, so I'll hush now.

If you'd like to join me in Weight Watchers, please use this link.

See you next Wednesday for another WW update.
:) Janis

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I might need some tips because my weight seems hard to come off. I have been waking up early to get my exercise routine in before it hits 95 degrees. Any suggestions?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing wonderful with your weight loss Janis and I'm sure everyone can see it too. We don't usually notice it except in our close and how they fit. It's awesome that your going down to smaller sizes!! I think you looked great in your before and after photo, so give yourself a big pat on the back! And don't get off track with your fruit so you don't get your headaches again. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete