Thursday, March 31, 2011

YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE

Card #120
I just love the papers on this card. So bright and cheery.
Card base is from K & Company Greenhouse stack
Cut @ 11" x 4 1/4
Scored @ 2 3/4" and 5 1/3" to make a Z-Fold card
Blue panel mats from DCWV Baby Boy Stack
cut @ 2 1/2" x 4 1/8" (2 of these)
Inside Blue mat cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
CREATE A CRITTER Cricut Cartridge
Turtle page 64 cut @ 2 1/2" 
using K & Company Primary Designer Paper Pad


Peachy Keen PK-754 Critter Faces Set A Medium for turtle's face


Rhinestones, *Butterfly, and Ribbon from stash


Red Heart button & Jute from stash


Song lyrics printed from computer using Candara font @ 16 pts
Some words using CK Diva @ 20 pts

This is my submission for the following challenges:
365 Cards Day 29 - Signature Sentiment (I sing this song to my kids all the time)
Creative Card Crew - For a Child
Digital Tuesday #104 - for the kids (digital sentiment from computer)
Paper Pretties #147 Bring on the Bling
The Paper Variety 1-2-3 Challenge - 1 Ribbon, 2 Friends, 3 Rhinestones
365 Cards Day 31 - Poetry on card (You Are My Sunshine lyrics)
Ai Factory - Bright As Day - Use Bright Colors & digi (digi sentiment)
Aud Sentiment #25 - Card for a Child with Sentiment
Cute Card Thursday #158 - Couples (2 characters of any type)
Charisma Cardz #13 Bling & Sprarkles (Rhinestones & Shimmer Butterfly)
Pals Paper Arts #87 - Punches
Paper Romance #44 Bling
Pixie Dust Studio #68 - Fluttering Wings (butterfly)
LOTV's #90 Spring
Pile It On #13 Cutie Patootie

I hope you'll click on the challenge blogs above & come play along with us!






19 comments:

  1. Hi Janis, I LOVE the Z fold cards. I was on a roll with them for a while. I just may have to start again!!

    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really sweet, Janis! Now tell me... How do you find alll these cahllenges? I can't believe how many you found for this card!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice! LOVE the card, and the song too!.. Did you see all the HSN specials on t.v. today? It's been painful... downright torture, not breaking down and buying that cricut! I am sick just thinking about it, but let's not talk about that! I see you're reading "Charmed and Dangerous". Is it good?.. A friend just loaned me "Three Cups of Tea". She says it was really good, and wants me to read it, so I guess I'll start that one soon!... Have a great weekend! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute! I love that turtle.
    Thanks for joining us at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the tortoise, such a cute face!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday challenge!
    Happy Crafting, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card for a child.
    Thanks for joining us at DT this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute Janis~ I've been stalking your blog quite a bit :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Janis, look at you go. 23 Challenges in one card. That has to be a record. Love the card and the lyrics. One of my favorite songs. It is among the first songs I learned to play on the piano.
    Blessings,
    Belinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card!
    Thanks for Piling It On :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. your turtle card is so cute and I just love the lyrics.Goodluck at Charisma this week.

    clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute little blingy turtle. I love the way the card opens.
    thanks for playing with us at Paper Pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww what an adorable fella and I do love the blingy bits on his shell.Great style of card too.Thanks for joining us at AiFactory :D
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally cute! I love that turtle and the card fold. Thanks for playing along with us at 365 Cards :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card with that cute turtle and little butterfly! and love the sentiment inside! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Variety! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute! Thanks for playing at The Paper Variety!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super sweet!

    Thanks for joining PR this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is one gorgeous card Janis, a perfect take for our Spring theme this week.
    Thank you for joining us at Lili of the Valley.
    Hugs,
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card, love the colours you have used. Thanks for joining us at LOTV this time. Hugs Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a creative card Janis! I love the sentiment. There's special meaning for me and my granddaughter. So glad you could join us for our Aud Sentiments challenge.

    ReplyDelete