Monday, August 23, 2010

ANNIVERSARY CARD

Today is our 24th Wedding Anniversary!  How fitting that the theme over at Paper Playtime this week is "ANNIVERSARY".  Oh, wait a minute... I'm the one who decided on that theme over there. LOL


I had no idea what I was going to do for this theme.
I didn't want "cutsie" (although I love and do "cutsie" very, very often.)
I didn't want Vintage.
I didn't want to color a clear stamp or digi stamp.
Hmmmmm... I felt like Winnie the Pooh sitting down under the Honey Tree saying, "Think.  Think.  Think."


I remembered I bought a "Perfect Pages"  Wedding theme pack at Joann's a while back that was on clearance for less than $3.  So I pulled that sucker out and was saying to myself, "Oh, I want to use that paper.  No, that one.  And this one.  And that sticker.  And that piece."  Obviously, everything I wanted to use, wouldn't fit on just one card.  LOL

Card base is Cream from Value pack (pre-scored for easy folding)
Brown mat cut @ 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Blue mat cut @ 5 1/4" x 4"
I cut a small strip of the "script" paper.
I made a pocket for the tag (believe me - I'm not good at math - this is a BIG deal accomplishment)  I just measured the width of the tag and added 1/2" on both sides.  Then I followed instructions from Scrapdaworld's Video Turotial.  (Click here to see her show you how to do this.  It's so neat!)
I used my Cropadile to add an eyelet, then slipped a brad through the center of the flower and fastened the brad ends through the eyelet.  The flower is inked with brown ColorBox ink as well as the edges of the pocket.  Oh, and I used my 1" circle punch to put 1/2 a circle for the tag opening.
I think that's everything.  
Enjoy your day.  Tell your sweetie you love them.  Call them for no reason just to hear their voice.  :)

Janis

4 comments:

  1. Happy Day!!! Happy Anniversary!!! Your card is just beautiful!!! I love it!! I guess I can work on the one I'll give my DH in Dec. for ours for this challenge. Going to link my 52Qw3 creation now. Have a wonderful day!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a fantabulous anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janis, love your card, wonderful colors. hope you had an awesome anniversary.

    ReplyDelete