Thursday, June 17, 2010

SUPER SIMPLE OWL TALL CARD

 

Good morning!!
If my scheduled posts are working correctly, today should be Thursday, June 17th.  And that means my family & I should be arriving in Omaha, Nebraska to stop for the night.  This is day 4 of our journey to South Carolina.  Please keep us in your thoughts & prayers all week.  Thanks!  

The card above is followed after Mary's pattern for her Super Simple Episode #2

Card base is Kraft Cardstock cut @ 9 1/2" x 7 1/2", then scored @ 3 3/4" to fold in half.  This size card will fit in a business size envelope.

I cut 3 mats from all the same pattern paper @ 3" x 3".
3 mats from DIFFERENT pattern paper were cut @ 2 3/4" x 2 3/4".
Ribbon from Michael's or Joann's.
Owl cut for center square from CREATE A CRITTER page 25.
Owl cut @ 2 1/4".
All papers were from SCRAP DRAWER!!

Come play along with Mary's Super Simple Layouts!  It's FUN!!
Hugs, Janis

7 comments:

  1. Ohhhh this card is sooooo pretty! I love those patterened background pages!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great, I love that it is larger than the regular A2 size!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card! Those bg papers are just awesome and go so perfect with your owl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of tall cards, and the pink owl is too cute! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's so cute! You've inspired me to make a tall card, I haven't done one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just lovely Janis.
    I will be sending off your parcel this week. Not sure how long it will take.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete