Thursday, May 20, 2010

Operation Write Home & Joann's Fun!

Our son is currently on his 2nd Tour in Iraq.
Here are some pictures I want to share with you.







As a mother of a soldier and as an avid crafter,
it was only natural I get involved in:


Have you heard of OPERATION WRITE HOME yet?
If you are not yet involved with this Non-Profit Organization, please consider getting involved and supporting our troops in this way.

Since we moved to Alaska last October, I have been storing the cards I make.  Well, except for the ones I mail out to my kids, friends, and family.  :)

I was very happy today to get my box out and pack them up.
My box was starting to get a little too tightly packed, so it was time for them to be shipped.

There are 2 types of cards you can
send for Operation Write Home.
1)  Blank hand-made notecards for soldiers to use to write home in.

2) Cards with a short message addressed to ANY HERO.  
These cards are distributed to soldiers who either 
don't get any mail,
 don't get much mail, 
or who's commanding officer knows he's going through a tough time 
and could use a little encouragement from home.

The really cool thing about this is it doesn't matter about bumpy cards with hemp, ribbon, googlie eyes, and buttons because soldiers overseas get to mail home for FREE so it doesn't cost them extra postage to mail a bumpy card like it would cost us
 here at home to mail.

The main rule is  ABSOLUTELY NO GLITTER!  Glitter sheds, gets on soldiers, and will shimmer and shine to give away their position.

So, what are you waiting for? Get involved.  It feels good.  It really does.

__________________________________

IN OTHER NEWS:

Guess where I went today?
JOANN's!!!!

They had these "Colorbok Perfect Pages" packs on clearance for $1.98 a pack!
WOW!
They also had eyelets and brads on clearance for 89 cents!
There was so much there, but I was a good girl and only spent $18.
Aren't you proud of me?!


Have you entered our PDE Challenge #2 yet?
Make a BOOKMARK and add your link to the post at the top of this page.
We can't wait to see what you create!!

BY THE WAY, I LOVE ALL THE COMMENTS YOU LADIES LEAVE ME ON MY POSTS.  I TRY TO RESPOND TO YOU IN THE COMMENT SECTION.  THERE ARE 2 WAYS TO GET NOTIFIED IF I'VE RESPONDED TO YOUR COMMENT OR ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION THROUGH THE COMMENT SECTIONS ON POSTS:
1) HIT THE SUBSCRIBE WHEN LEAVING A COMMENT AND YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED OF ALL FOLLOW-UP COMMENTS.
2)  SCROLL DOWN MY PAGE ALMOST TO THE BOTTOM AND ON THE RIGHT HAND COLUMN ARE 2 OPTIONS -  SUBSCRIBE TO POSTS AND SUBSCRIBE TO ALL COMMENTS.

Toodles,
Janis

1 comment: