Monday, December 28, 2009

Currenty Reading

Hi guys!  Scroll down for other New Posts from today including the Mini Book Series Page #2 Theme.  Don't forget to include a link to your page in the comment section so we can all drop by and check it out!
*********************************


What are you reading this week? is a weekly event hosted by J Kaye's Book Blog to celebrate what we are reading for the week as well as books completed the previous week. Feel free to pile on a little extra.

BOOKS I READ LAST WEEK:
Um, I'm a bad girl.  Didn't finish any books last week.  I spent way too much time doing other things and didn't have anything new from the library.  However, I did read some of this book:

It's a book my mother-in-law actually mailed to my husband, but hey, we share.  :)  

Since this is the first time I've participated in What Are You Reading Monday, I thought I'd throw in a couple of other books my husband and I both read a few weeks ago.



Daniel X is definitely a "read in one sitting" book.  Next was interesting.  I enjoyed them both.

BOOKS I GAVE UP ON:
I'm normally not the kind of person to start a book and then not finish it.  But I made an exception with "Ladie's Night at Finbar's Hotel."  Sorry.  I thought it was that bad.

CURRENTLY READING:


I'm currently reading "Strange Brew".  It's a book of short stories based in the supernatural realm.  It's easy to read, and hopefully I'll be finished with it today.

This book was picked up at our local Anchorage library.  I used to belong to a book club and received about 4 books a month.  I always loved when my books would come in!  The library is my sole source of reading material right now.  The only time Tom and I will actually buy books now is if it's a new release we've been waiting on and it's not available at the library yet.  For instance, when the last Twilight series book came out, I went and grabbed that sucker!  And when the final book in the Harry Potter series came out, we actually bought 2 so Tom and I wouldn't have to share reading it!  LOL

WANT TO READ SOON:


Tom & I both want to read Dan Brown's latest novel, "The Lost Symbol".  The library has it, but it is checked out with multiple holds on it.  This may be one we have to purchase soon.  :)  

I enjoy reading books that are part of a series.  These are my favorite kinds.  Do you know of any you'd like to recommend to me that you thoroughly enjoyed?  I'd love to get some ideas from you.
 
Tom is currently reading "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".  It's a book we've both read before, but he enjoys it more than I do.  

Bonnie is currently "reading along" with the video "The Great Longneck Migration".  It's really cool because the words are shown at the bottom of the screen and as the narrator reads each word, it is highlighted.



Happy Reading,
Janis


2 comments:

  1. My husband is not a big reader so we only need to buy one book! LOL

    Some of my favorite series are the "In Death" by JD Robb, Stephanie Plum by Janet Evanovich, Temperance Brennan by Kathy Reichs, Alexandra Cooper by Linda Fairstein and Alex Cross by James Patterson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have Daniel X! I have that one on my shelf but haven't read it yet. I need to read Daniel Brown's book too.

    Gosh, you have a great stack!!

    ReplyDelete