Friday, August 14, 2009

My Boxed Note Cards


Whew! Yesterday was a busy day! I just loved Dawn's instruction video on how to make a boxed set of note cards. If you haven't had a chance, scroll down to yesterday's post and watch her YouTube video. It's inspiring!

Here is what I created!

This box will hold tons of cards and envelopes! I made 12 of each and still had room for more.

I did learn one thing through this... and maybe I should have already known it... I used cardstock for the envelopes. I think that was a mistake. They came out very thick. I think thinner paper would have served fine since the sturdy cardstock card itself will thicken the envelope when stuffed.

I used the Cricut cartridge Walk In My Garden to cut:
  • 3x3 cards (easy)
  • 3x3 envelopes (easy)
  • the flower base, bud, and shadow
I sponged the front of the cards and the top of the box with Stampin' Up Brilliant Blue. Instead of dabbing the sponge, I just rubbed it across. I liked this effect. I have a rounded tip sponge and it almost made it look like cloud arches.

I am so inspired by so many other themed sets with this idea. I'll probably be posting some more of these boxed sets soon.

Hugs!
Janis

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute! They look professional!! Thanks for showing her video, I'm not subscribing on youtube!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are just brilliant! such a fab gift idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a great little project,just love it

    ReplyDelete