Monday, August 17, 2009

Mother Daughter Scrapbook Page


I haven't had pictures printed in ages! I just got my order in from Shutterfly, and I'm finally able to do some much enjoyed scrapbooking again.

You may remember when we found out we were going to be Grandparents for the first time, I scrapbooked a page with our first grandchild's first ultrasound.


Yesterday I scrapbooked the facing page with a picture of me and my daughter, Keri, the day she told us "we" were pregnant.

I used DCWV Once Upon A Time cardstock glittered paper for the purple unicorn piece. The other patterned paper is from DCWV The Stack 6 and the solid purple piece if from a stack purchased at Walmart.

I used my much loved Fiskars punch Treading Water for a couple of the edges.

The speech blurb was cut with Cricut cartridge Plantin Schoolbook. I used the same purple piece of paper, just flipped it for the lighter color.

I wrote a blurb on the computer and printed it with Comic Sans font. It says, "6-15-09 Keri found out she was pregnant with her first child & our first grandchild! Of course I had to make sure we took our picture. We are so very excited that we can hardly stand it! She is going to have a beautiful baby... boy or girl!"

I grabbed some skinny ribbon and threaded that through a vellum tag. The sticker on the tag is a blue and pink rocking horse from Mrs. Grossman's stickers.


Most of the page elements were adhered with Elmer's stick glue. I used Fiskar's photo splits to adhere the photo matting and the whole page creation to my scrapbook page. The ribbon was adhered with Zots (small).

This was a fun page. I never have any idea what I'll end up with. I just grab papers I like and start laying them different ways on the page. I call it "Free Form" scrapbooking. Rules stress me out. I just go with the flow.

And you may remember from before, my scrapbook is NEVER in chronological order. That also stresses me out too. I just do what I feel like and make sure I put dates on the pages. The important thing is to get it done, right?

I hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm looking forward to a relaxing week hopefully doing a lot more scrapbooking.

As always, thank you so much for all of your lovely comments. I just smile when I read them! Please, please include links when you try a similar project to the one I've posted. I would absolultely LOVE to see your projects! Several of you commented or sent me emails saying you wanted to try the 3x3 Cards from the YouTube video I shared that Dawn did. She has such good ideas, and her videos are always so much fun. Please comment again when your project is complete ( or any project) and leave us a link so we can get some good ideas from you too!

Hugs,
Janis

2 comments:

  1. Janis, Love your blog! These pages are beautiful! Congratulations on your first grandbaby...love that page!

    Thank you for becoming a new follower of Women to Women: Sharing Jesus. We are delighted to have you. We hope you'll come back frequently and participate with your comments. Our visitors often contribute devotionals just through their comments! We are so grateful that you want to exalt the name of Jesus with us. Thanks for stopping in. We hope to see you there often.

    I'll be back to visit you here too. Always looking for card inspirations myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous pages! Love the papers you have used!

    ReplyDelete