Monday, August 17, 2009

Siblings Scrapbook Page


Here is a very, very simple scrapbook page I made this afternoon. It's a picture of me with my older brother and sister (I'm in the middle). This was taken in February of this year when our Mama was in the hospital. I think it's the first time in years that we had all been in the same room with both our parents in years. We thought a photo to mark the rare occasion was in order.

I used DCWV The Green Stack for the page and some blue paper from a Walmart stack for the journaling. I didn't mat the photo or the journaling blog. I liked the clean look of the page like this. Sometimes less is more. :)

However...... I just giggled out loud as I added the little googly eyes to the owl. I don't know what it is right now, but I am loving owls. I think owls were "in" a couple years ago. I'm just now getting that fever. I know cup cakes are supposed to be "in" right now, but I'm not feeling it. Feeling the owls though. :)


This is what the journaling block says:



Why is family so important?
Because family won't leave you
when you're down and out.
Family knows all your dirty little
secrets and still they hug you
when you walk in the door.
You can laugh with your family,
Cry with your family,
Fight with them and yell at them,
But in a crisis, you know you can
always count on them.

This is my brother, Eddie
and my sister, Melody.

I'm the baby.
The one that used to always
be in the way. The one that
wanted to hang out with her older
siblings when they thought
I was a pain.

We are all grown now
with families of our own.
We are all so different,
but hold the same things dear.

They never hesitate to tell me
they love me. They ask for my company.
They care about me, my life, my hopes,
my dreams, and my family.

They are my family.
A strong fortress in any storm.

I love them very much.
My Bubba and my Sissy.

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful heartfelt page Janis! Love the googlies too!
    Ttys,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very touching to my heart. Cherish them. My MIL passed away this summer and I always said she was the glue that held us together. Life is short, enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a sweet page Janis! Family is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janis

    What a lovely heartwarming creation.

    I love your "clean" looking page and the wonderful words you have written.

    Family is so important.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful page! Love the simplicity of it! and I love the little owl with his googly eyes in the corner! fab!

    ReplyDelete