Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Freedom Scrapbook Page

Here's today's scrapbook page!

This is our son, James... always "Jimmy" to me.

He is an Army Man. He came home a few months ago for a short visit. During that time my husband's, Tom's, work was participating in a charity event called "Pull-A-Plane."

Work groups from across the area signed up a team of 20 individuals (I think that' s how many were on the team) to pull a Fed Ex play with a rope. They were timed how fast they could reach the yellow line (sorry, forgot what the distance was they had to pull it).

So Jimmy wears this shirt, "FREEDOM". I love it!

The scrapbook says at the top, "ARMY MAN... Here's James at Tom's Company's "Pull-a-Plane" event. Even when Jimmy is home visiting, he has our FREEDOM on his mind! That's our boy! I mean, Man!

The bottom says, "SKUNKING: The art of sniffing out danger. Jimmy knows hot to sniff out danger... and eliminate it!

Yes, I made the definition up, but hey, I had to do something to tie in the skunk on the page... which is just too cute from DCWV The Green Stack. And yes, I HAD to add googly eyes to him. Every opportunity I get to use googly eyes.... I'm gonna use 'em! Love 'em!

The wonderful black and dark blue textured paper is from LISA. We traded some Cricut cuts for some Cuddlebug papers. I wish I had a Cuddlebug! Check out Lisa's blog by clicking here.
There's a GREAT strawberry card on her post today. :)

Until next time... hugs!
Janis

5 comments:

  1. What a great page Janis...and a great son! I know you're so proud of him. We appreciate his service for our country's safety.
    Love the little skunk with the googly eyes! Don't 'cha just love that DCWV green stack paper. I have the small pack. You've been scrappin' up a storm girl! Keep it up...I love seeing your pages!
    Hugs,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! Love the little skunk in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just been catching up with your blog Janis, lots of fantastic creations. Not seen your cards at ICS for a while....Enjoy the rest of your week.:)x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great page! Please tell him thank you for serving and making things better for us here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a stunning page!

    Thank you for entering my Gorjuss Girls blog candy - good luck!!

    Hugs
    Leanne
    xx

    ReplyDelete